Bertha's Maiden Voyage


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Good afternoon ☀️??

As you are aware I took Bertha for her first trip to the VW festival Bug Jam Friday through til Sunday. We has a great time and we were soooo grateful for the extra comfort she gives us. It was quite wet for the first half of Friday but cleared up afternoon time when it became extremely hot and muggy rather like the weather in the Caribbean if I'm honest. We had watched the racing and eaten our full of lurvely BBQ food accompanied by the usual beers ? and followed by the customary pancakes with lemon and sugar for us ?. As the evening wore on it began getting more humid and muggy and then we got another weather warning so while the others in our group were making tracks for the dance tents we decided to ready ourselves for bed and we had just got the flag pole down and the flags inside when it began lightening. We knew the storm would be upon us very soon now so we battened down the hatches, brought all our stuff inside and began making up the bed. No sooner had we done this than we could hear the thunder above the steady throb of the music, we switched all the lights off, opened the blinds and settled to watch what proved to be a spectacular storm with fork lightening and such large and heavy rain, it was torrential. Quite suddenly the music stopped and all lights across Santa Pod went out including the ones of the fairground rides. It must have been a power cut. How exciting and cosy it was observing all this from the warm dry comfort of our king size bed. We could hear the others who were getting drenched and we chuckled to ourselves feeling quite smug in our weirdly sensible choice of not hitting the dance tents ?.
Bertha you did not disappoint in any way at all, you were, are the envy of all who see you and we love you.
So dear Reader til next weekend when we are off to the New Forest ?.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb