The end of the PUFC


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » York
August 28th 2011
Published: March 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Apparently quitting one's job and going to volunteer in Uganda for three months is not a financially savvy move. It took us awhile to recover from what we have been calling the PUFC (Post-Uganda Financial Crisis) and it took me awhile to regain gainful employment.

It was only in August that things started to look up for us again - I had been working for a few months and Al had a new job and thus we managed to put a little bit of travel back on the agenda.

Our first plan was to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, and having left it late to organise a cheap trip abroad on a bank holiday weekend we opted for something in the UK. This trip was a little different from our usual types of forays in which we rush around the countryside seeing as much as we possibly can and so little of note actually happened.

The highlights of York can be covered in a few hours, and after visiting the Minster, walking the entire length of the city walls, walking through the Shambles and climbing Clifford's Tower there was nothing to do but have High Tea, massages, eat....and sleep. It was a perfectly relaxing weekend in the lovely little city of York.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Our hotel Our hotel
Our hotel

Cedar Grand


26th March 2012

PUFC shorter than PKFC
Nice little story. And congratulations with your anniversary! Beware that a PKFC (Post Kids Financial Crisis) might take some 20 years to recover from!! Second kid due in August. Apparently, more kids doesn't speed the process... :-))

Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 30; qc: 145; dbt: 0.1563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb