Around Liverpool, snow and visit the doctor


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
March 28th 2013
Published: March 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sale Ecclesia - LunchSale Ecclesia - LunchSale Ecclesia - Lunch

In rear Hall for sit down lunch
Arrived here last Saturday and with great joy and open arms were met by the family. Had coffee or similar with Paul and Belinda while Erin was at LIPA (Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts). Apparently Paul McCartney (ex Beatle) has something to do with it.
Sunday we drove to Manchester (Sale) for our church (ecclesia) and had a nice time. It was followed by a communal lunch and during this time we chatted with some lovely folks and even scored an invite to stay with a couple the night before we head to Scotland. Some may know Tom and Judith Griffiths as they have visited Adelaide in previous years.
Monday was about taking Erin to school and visiting the model train store (Hattons) and yes the bag will have some extra goodies, but also they do a great mail order service. Had a Turkish meal with Tom and Barbara (Paul's parents) as well as Paul, Belinda and Erin and as you do over here you walk rather than drive to the restaurant. Mind you it was only about half a mile, but the chill in the air, you could say was BRACING.
Tuesday was a trip to Liverpool central shopping centre (known as Liverpool One). Decided to go by bus and what a great choice. Asked the driver how we go about paying as we are Aussies Seniors. Just get on and sit down - free (beat that Peter Flint). Trip home wasn't 2 quid each (quid because I do not have pound symbol). It was bitterly cold and probably the reason I have ben to doctor - see later. Shops are no different to Adelaide really, service is the same, filled with people, who bump you walk in front of you when looking at items etc.
Wednesday was a delightful day mainly spent with Jennifer Rimmer. We first met Jennifer in 2005 at Chester and have bumped into her at various places ever since. She was snowed in on Sunday and hence we missed her at Sale, but what a delightful time we spent together. Superb morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea and even had a granddaughter drop in while we were there. Was hard to leave such a lovely lady. Pic will be here somewhere. On way home picked up a dictaphone to assist with various recording of places, and events as well as talks.
Thurs had to go
Greeting GrandpaGreeting GrandpaGreeting Grandpa

Wow a smile and a cuddle
back to dictaphone store as they had not given VAT (our Duty Free/GST). Then we wandered around a massive retail park. each store is separate and it is out into the weather between stores.
Then the visit to the NHS (AKA doctor). The NHS is a shambles. Had to visit today as chemist would not give anything to me as am on special "meds". Arrived at about 3.00 p.m. left at about 5.30 p.m. and told to take Paracetamol. Seemed to be more administrative and security people than health care workers. No TV, no magazines, no silence (reference to parents with kids who had no manners and did not know what respect to elders was about).


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

LiverpoolLiverpool
Liverpool

The invisible car
Beatles peopleBeatles people
Beatles people

Just around the corner from Paul and Belinda and on the way to model train shop
SchoolSchool
School

Almost ready to leave - needs parka, scarf, gloves and beanie
RubbishRubbish
Rubbish

The garbage collector trying to manipulate its way in the narrow road. A chap goes in the lead and pushes in all rear view mirrors.
Liverpool ShopsLiverpool Shops
Liverpool Shops

Not much really
Snow at Jennifer's houseSnow at Jennifer's house
Snow at Jennifer's house

Delightful setting
Two JennifersTwo Jennifers
Two Jennifers

Jennifer Rimmer and Jennifer White - lovely ladies.


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb