Chillin around Chilly England!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lancashire » Preston
February 19th 2009
Published: February 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hiya,
I know it's been a while since I've written one of these here blogs, and it's not because I don't love you, I promise! It's just not a lot has happened the last couple of weeks.

I wrote you all about the rest of our adventures to Liverpool and Coventry and whatnot, and the next weekend we all stayed around Preston area to catch some relaxation. This past weekend-of which I have 5 days now, I'll explain in a bit-we went on a last minute day trip to Blackpool. I only have a few or maybe just 2 pictures of Blackpool, and I mainly focused on one building. It was a cold, rainy, foggy day that depressed the crap out of me. Blackpool is apparently a wonderful night out, and in the summer season I can see it being a very enjoyable experience. It is right on the Irish Sea, so there is a beach! But by the time we got there, the beach was swallowed up by the water. Sad story.

Our friends we met there were done with Blackpool, so they headed back as Aubrey and I took on the city by storm! Or I mean,
Winter GardensWinter GardensWinter Gardens

Where burlesque shows are apparently put on. We went inside to see a mini Circus show and Ghost Train. It was interestingly eery and creepy.
the storm took on the city and we got the negative effects of it. In the winter daylight among the clouds and rain (yes, I do know it is England) it was just a dirty, sad city with garish bright neon lights of the casinos and tourist traps that I am sure work much better in the summer warmth and sun. It reminded me of the Jersey shore and boardwalk, but my experience in Jersey (with you Jule!) was much more enjoyable than this one. Don't go there in the winter, ps.

So we got back to Preston a short 2 or 3 hours later to hang out for a bit and I spent Valentine's Day watchin Eddie Izzard and being warm and happy. 😊 I hope you all had an enjoyable day that day, nestled up safe with family and friends, happy that at least in the world that was right.

Now, on to explain my schedule that has changed once again. My Tuesday class no longer meets, I don't have anything due in the class until 4 weeks from now when a literature review is due and then the exams in the beginning of May. A few more of my classes don't meet too very often either, so I end up hanging around and sleeping in as late as I want during the beginning of the week, only to realize how much work I actually should have been doing when I go to class Thursday and Friday.

Time has flown by so fast here, I can't BELIEVE it's already February! Seriously, cannot believe it. I still have so many places I want to go and see and things to do, but I can't wrap my mind around it! Among the travelling, I still have to keep in mind why I am here....to study. 😊
Oh well, hopefully that will pull together soon too! I need to get work done before my holiday (Spring Break to Americans) and before exams in May! (Before more travelling!)

I hope you are all well, drop me a note whenever you get the chance. I will answer it!!! 😊

I miss you all and love you more!!

Love,
Cassie


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Again...Again...
Again...

I really liked the building and street.


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb