On the Road Again


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lancashire » Lytham St Annes
March 4th 2013
Published: March 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our motorhome wheels are rolling again, it was lovely to get into our warm, cosy van and start on the UK speed tour!



Woolly says – it was great to get in and find my friends, Spot and Hodge waiting for me, I had so much to tell them but they fell asleep!



Our home on wheels (still nameless!), is an Autotrail Cheyenne, 6 berth (we know this is big for two adults and a mammoth but we wanted to extra space so that we can relax in comfort. It has a separate bathroom and a full cooker (very useful if we ever get round to using it all), there is also a large rear garage for our bikes, stores and the other three million things I need to carry round with me, it’s also quite a good place to put Woolly when he talks too much!



Leaving Manchester Airport behind we sped 33 miles up the motorway to our overnight stop, The White Crow at Worthington, near Chorley……



Woolly says – We booked this through Brit stops (www.britstops.com), it’s brilliant, you pay £25 GBP and receive a book in the post with all the pubs and farms you can use for FREE!!!! You just ring the contact details and off you go, it’s only for MOTORHOMES and they tell you what facilities they have eg. Water, hook-up etc. The White Crow was great, oldie worldly with beams and slate floors and they were so nice and friendly. After a lovely night’s sleep we detoured to Warrington (Ian used to live there), Jo and Ian took me for a walk round Risley Moss which was lovely and quiet with lots of animals carved in wood – I met an Owl and tried to strike up a conversation but he didn’t give a hoot about talking to me. Having looked in the hides and gone up the tower we scooted off to Lytham St Anne’s for our next stop.



Thanks to Brit stops we are happily staying at The Shovels in Lytham tonight….



Woolly says – they’re very friendly too and didn’t seem to mind having a Mammoth around! We walked down to the front at Blackpool, I was very disappointed to find EVERYTHING closed, we walked miles and miles but they only place we found was a fish and chip shop so we stopped for tea, which was really nice. A bit too much for me, Jo had to help me finish it! We hopped onto a tram and then a bus to get us back as my paws were so tired; I need to have a good rest for tomorrow so we can head off to The Lakes. Night night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb