Getting ready...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Lymington
April 30th 2009
Published: April 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post


Well we are finally off tomorrow on our world tour. I think we’re as ready as we can be, travel insurance , 9 series of Southpark on the iPod , nothing but the essentials!

The first phase of the trip is as follows…. 4 days seeing friends in the Netherlands then on to India. Starting in Mumbai and going down the west coast via Goa and Kerala and over to the east via Maduri and on to Madras. Then the plan is to fly to Calcutta and take a train to Varanasi and Agra and leave from Delhi, 2 months in total.

From India we go to Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia for around 2 months.

Then we go up to Japan for a few days then down to Singapore which will be a base to spend 2 months touring Sulawesi, Java and Bali in Indonesia. This should take 2 more months.

We then head down to Australia (Perth, Ayers Rock), and self drive campervan from Cairns to Melbourne then New Zealand to do a similar tour with some treks and kayaking etc. In all this should take 2 more months.

Then we’ll probably head up to Western Samoa in the Pacific for 3 weeks “holiday” before going to South America.

We’ll arrive in Santiago Chile and head south to Patagonia. Then it’s a northern tour of Argentina and finally Brazil. All in all, about 1 year. It gets sketchy at the end as our plans will doubtless change but that's the shape of it at the moment.

Looking forward to sharing it with you all along the way.....

xx



Advertisement



1st May 2009

Bon Voyage
Have a good one, be safe and Dave I know a few birds in australia should you have falen out with each other by then :-) haha
4th May 2009

goodbye beer belly hello sixpack
Have a fantastic time, maybe meet up sometime in the year! Look forward to reading the blog. Dave - after only eating rice and carrying a heavy rucksack you can at last say goodbye to your delicious beer belly, I'll miss the big fella! xxxxxxx
8th May 2009

good start!
I was wondering what had happened to the plans after we talked. great to see you've made a start - so exciting. I'm really jealous and remember how we felt as we left for the year. have a fab time, keep it loose and enjoy, stay where you are if it makes you feel happy, and dont believe a thing you read in the Lying Planet ;-) Simon.
23rd May 2009

Hi Vince
The belly is still there as the food is fantastic however the sack is quite light at the moment ;-)
23rd May 2009

Hi Simon
We are really loose in the lovely calm Cochin. So far from the madding crowds. Funny how many LP deciples you meet that only eat and stay where the book tells them to. Wild! Hope the boys are behaving. Dave.

Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0909s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb