Primary Club Cricket


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Fareham
August 20th 2006
Published: August 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

As the weather has become so miserable the last few days with thundery showers it was touch and go whether this match was on. We got a phone call at 11 o'clock that it was and so did the two and a half hour drive. Well Leigh did most of the driving. He had a good day at Bently Car Club Meeting at Silverstone yesterday and drove his car and another one in two races. I didn't go - spent time at home clearing up at home and moping.

Dori ran riot when she got out of the car and caught both cricket balls and poohed on the pitch then wouldn't be caught. She'd make an excellent fielder but unfortunately wouldn't give it back! The first innings was over very quickly and Primary Club had the local Newport Team (though they live in Braishfield) out for about 45 runs. They then made enough runs with just 3 or 4 people batting. They had another match and this time it was worked out on the most runs after 20 overs. This was closer and Luke scored 50, Alan was out on 49 and the final score was about 150 for Primary.
Judy's picnicJudy's picnicJudy's picnic

Enough for the whole team!!
Newport did much better this time and scored about 110. The tea is very nice there although Judy and Brian brought almost as much food as that supplied. We went out to the local pub with Judy Brian and Alan before returning home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Dori watching the ball.Dori watching the ball.
Dori watching the ball.

The Pakistani team was disqualified from the third test match today for tampering with the ball. By the time Doir had chewed the one she was given you'd think sh played for Pakistan!!
Paul and LeighPaul and Leigh
Paul and Leigh

Paul was looking sad sometimes. Honest.
Paul and NeilPaul and Neil
Paul and Neil

He looks more sad here.
Men of the matchMen of the match
Men of the match

Luke and Alan probably did best - well of the ones I knew although Neil did very well on the wicket but was unfortunately bowled out.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb