Eggers School


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Alton
October 30th 2007
Published: November 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The drive started out pleasantly..The drive started out pleasantly..The drive started out pleasantly..

but a couple of hours later we were glad to arrive....
Larni, Lynne and Judy left before 7.30am and had an easy run until the we left the M11 and headed onto the London ringroad, M25 but our dream run soon ended as we found ourselves in heavy traffic all going in the direction of London. It was after 10.30 am when we finally arrived at Eggers School in Alton where Lynne was warmly greeted by her friend Felicity Martin, head teacher at Eggers. We chatted with Felicity before being taken on a tour of the school. Felicity walked us into classrooms where she asked demonstrated how students understood the core values of the school and that there was zero tolerance for bullying. Students were enthusiastic when asked about their school. There was a very strong ethos about doing your best and determining targets. “Attitude equals altitude”.

We exchanged ideas with the technology staff before going to a working lunch in the science room where they explained the data collection, individualisation, data analysis and use was explained to us. This is collected by OFSTED and distributed via their website.

Further discussions about effective school leadership ensued before we were invited to attend a school management meeting. Here we contributed to some discussions about content creation of digital media before getting away before school finished about 3pm.

Once we had found our hotel and deposited our bags we drove into Southhampton. We drove around enjoying the view of old and new buildings that littered the streetscape. We found a parking spot near the pedestrian mall as Lynn wanted to find a post office in order to send some books home. Larni and Judy started browsing in shops, both buying some stripy socks and Judy another jumper!

Dusk was now falling so we drove towards the hotel but this was harder than we thought and we soon found ourselves miles from Southampton on the motorway and heading for London, so had to take an exit and return arriving in the same direction as we earlier had. We ordered Chinese and waited downstairs for it for over an hour getting more hungry and tired by the minute as we sipped some wine we'd bought at the bar. When it finally arrived it was far too much but we did our best, not wanting to waste any!

(Photos were a selection taken by Larni, Lynne or Judy)






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Some new additions at EggersSome new additions at Eggers
Some new additions at Eggers

These included a gym and technology block.


10th October 2009

its amazing
ive been going to eggars the last few years and have loved every moment of it it is such an amazing place with not one horrible teacher.the headteacher mrs martin (ffelicity) is realy nice and gets along with every student and takes unkindness in a very sencible way. my whole family has gone to eggars and have not wished they gone to any other school. i wish there was some amazing texher award which i could give to mrs martin.
29th June 2011

School
I have been at Eggars school for 1 and a half years and the education here is brilliant

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb