Manchester City


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we went into Manchester and caught the 11.15am screening of Terminator Salvation. Going to the early screening ended up being a real bargain with all tickets before midday being just £4.00 each! When we were buying our tickets at about 11.25am we asked if the movie would have started yet. The guy on the ticket counter assured us that we would be fine to catch the start of the movie. As it turned out we had heaps of time. We still saw four previews before the movie finally started at about 11.40am. In the end I think all we missed was the advertising! We both enjoyed the movie. Neither of us could remember enough detail from earlier installments to decide if there are any glaring continuity issues with it or not??!

From The Printworks we walked around to Manchester Cathedral to see the hanging bridge; a tourist destination that Janet alerted us to when she visited the cathedral during her trip last year. I guess if we weren’t such heathens that it may have dawned on us that there wouldn’t be any access on a Sunday!!? So, we still haven’t seen the hanging bridge at Manchester Cathedral and we didn’t sample to coffee at the cathedral café - which Janet reliably informed me was the best in Manchester - because it was also closed on Sunday!

We were surprised to see that Manchester is yet another city that has copied The London Eye. The Manchester wheel is situated in an even more boring location than Melbourne’s and seems even more pointless. At least theirs is actually working though!!

We settled for Subway subs for lunch in the food court at the Arndale Centre! How gourmet!! After some lunch we had a bit of a look around the shops before heading back to Stalybridge to re-pack our bags for our trip to Spain. Kath and Albert have warned us that Thomas Cook Travel is really strict with imposing a 20kg limit for checked bags so we have to make sure our bags are under that limit. After deciding to leave quite a bit of wet weather and cooler weather gear behind we managed to come in under 20kg! It had better be fine and warm in Spain!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb