London and a beer with Josh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 1st 2011
Published: August 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After our run in with the Immigation Officer from hell (English in Paris) we had a relatively easy train trip into London.

The assistants at the station were a great help, as they were in Paris.

Due to Wimbledon taking place and our lack of pre planning London is virtually full.

We choose a small hotel, The Euro in Hammersmith, for a nights lay over before moving on to Bath (on the south western side of England).

A quick orientation of the Thames is all we really have time for. It is whilst we are here that we find out that Josh (one of our mates from Wollongong) is also here so we contact him and arrange to catch up for a drink before we and he head in our different directions. I think we have more than just the one pint.

Back to our hotel, now this isn’t the sort of place I think we will be returning too. Whilst reasonably clean and twin beds are comfortable we struggle with hot water both in the evening and even worse in the morning. London is in the grips of a heat wave, yet we wake up to the central heating being on. The bathroom is so small that the toilet actually touches the bathroom door, whilst it is closed. I think we will be making a booking at another hotel, well in advance prior to our next visit to this city.

We have organised to take the train across England and enjoy the scenery for our next leg to the medieval city of Bath.

As I mentioned, this is just a ”flying” visit, so not a lot to say.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb