we're alive and walking


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
March 11th 2006
Published: March 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

yes indeed all we made it and have not stopped walking since we arrived. our flight went really well and we were pleasantly surprised to get bumped into economy plus with a ton of leg room, foot rests, and our own movie screens. we figure we slept maybe about 2-3 hours on the plane and landed about 5 am london time, so about 11 or 12 chicago time...i think. anyway, we managed to get checked into our hostel and ate a little breakfast while we waited for 10 o'clock to roll around so that we could check in and go to our room. oh yes, and between there we made our first contact with 'the tube'. by now of course, we are pros. anyway, we slept two hours once we got checked in and then headed downtown to meet tony's friend, anthony.
since then, we basically covered london these last two days....walking that is. we'll be staying with him the next two nights and then monday we're off to scotland.
funny stories? i suppose one of the things i've really noticed is the cut and dry manner the english have when wording things. while us americans would so carefully call the bathroom, the restroom, they prefer to get right to the point and plaster signs everywhere that say the toilet. right-o. oh yes, and instead of there being 'no pulp' in their orange juice, the actual orange juice containers say 'no bits'. other then that, no culture shock.
so much more to tell but have to save something for when we get back. we've loved london and tony had the pleasure of enjoying true fish and chips this evening. we're a bit smelly but so far no one seems to have noticed...or they're too polite to say anything.
i'll write again as soon as i can and we'll be trying to post a few pictures tomorrow.
cheerio until next time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb