settling in....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Woolwich
May 4th 2010
Published: May 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

P1000375P1000375P1000375

london marathon
so things have been flat out busy, and i have added a few pics of what i've been up to! the other weekend was the london marathon, so my new housemate took me just down the road where the runners went past, and we watched for a while, then we jumped on a bus to greenwich.. it's sooo gorgeous, took a stroll past crick's old house, which was surreal when i realised that i was standing on the street that i knew so well after being so young and memorising her address! was cool :D went through the park and up the hill to the observatory and the view of london, was soo lovely, and the gardens are just gorgeous! we popped into a couple of pubs and wandered through the markets, was such a nice day!
have added some pics of my house, it's such a cute decorated place, i love it! very warm and comfy and i am quite happy here for a few months - sorry mumma, no pics of my housemates yet, it's not quite at the stage where i can take a pic of them for my mum to see what they look like.... 😉 hehe
work is going well, i have 29 of my own year 1s, and 2 teaching assistants for a couple of challenging behaviours, but it's such a great school with awesome staff and a really nice relaxed atmopshere, i'm really enjoying myself there! the planning and getting my head around everything has been a bit intense but i'm cruising along.. it's only halfa on a bus but about 10-15mins to the bus from home, and then to school from the bus so i'm walking heaps! which is fun once i have my ipod in and i know where i'm going.
have caught up with quite a few friends from geelong which is always nice, the list of people still to catch up with is growing tho, but i certainly can't complain!!
went to an awesome graphic design fair in temple, london, the other day - was a whole heap of up and coming designers and it was so cool!!!! fell in love with work from a guy called rob ryan, he does the most intricate paper stencil cut outs, was soooo cool to watch them actually do it too! i loved it so much i bought a little book aswell.. couldn't help myself!
have been booking 2 main holidays with tiss and ben, the first being a few days in barcelona during half term (coincides with little lou arriving which stressed me out a bit but it's all sorted and i'll just have to meet her the next day, am so excited to see her!!) and then the first week of summer holidays (end of july) 8 of us are driving to and camping in france and then spain for a week each, staying right on the coast, will be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! sooo excited, and ben's such a good organiser it'll be rad..
after that i'll scoot off to dublin for a bit to see ebonie, with a trip to wales before france/spain, and then who knows!!! i love having plans and that i'll be seeing more of europe than i did last time, but i am itching to see more already!!!
spent bank holiday with ben and tiss and michelle (friend from uni) - we had such a great weekend, had a middle eastern feast complete with cola flavoured shisha (when in rome.. or a middle eastern restaurant haha) and the following day ben cooked up a massive sunday roast, i am eating like a king!!! (hence the need to take photos and gloat to you all...)
well i had better get to bed, i am once again a full time worker, and in typical kato style, still can't get work close to where i live (an hour door to door... again) so am up just after 6am!
i will try to keep you updated more often, was without computer access for a bit (have a laptop from school til end of july - sweeeet!!) but am back online 😊
lotsa big big love to all xoxoxxoxxo

ps i hope i've remembered to explain all of the pics in my warbling stories haha it was going to take too long to put comments on them all, as i'd missed that bit coz i uploaded them, saved them then wrote the text the next day... xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 25


Advertisement

P1000393P1000393
P1000393

cool pics at a random pub
P1000398P1000398
P1000398

view from top of greenwich park
P1000414P1000414
P1000414

rob ryan paper stencil at work


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb