Tower Bridge - St Pauls Cathedral + Squirrels


Advertisement
Published: May 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 3


Well, with what seemed to be the last 'fine' day we decided to venture down by the river and check out the sites (BOB's) - London Tower / Tower Bridge / St Pauls etc etc. A hell of a lot of walking and we paid for it by the end of the day...but worth it!
The weather turned (or the wind at least) and we found ourselves seeking refuge in a pub A: To escape the wind and B: To rest the feet. With all the walking you have to keep up your fluid intake and we were in a pub! Now, prior to finding our cosy pub, Julie was seeking "refuge" in shops - seeking the warmth was her excuse, yet she departed these establishments with nothing but rosy cheeks so we'll grant her reasoning as honest (her lack of shopping thus far has surprised me).

After our little river exploration there was the suggestion of heading to Harrods - here we go I thought! This lack of retail therapy thus far may culminate into a barrage of buying, a plethora of purchases or maybe just a simple splurge of spending. I, unlike my feet, were prepared... For those that have been to Harrods you will appreciate that the temptation is there, lovely things... Alas the designer prices...ouch! Having said that I said to Brett 'it seems you are disappointed in my lack of shopping'. We can't have that can we?!?

Harrods being 'done', we searched for those elusive squirrels on our slow but steady meander back to base. We were not disappointed as Julie's earlier purchase of nuts proved very tempting to those furry critters. To start there was a little one who, based on it's desire to hang around and then follow us through the park, suggested he liked these nuts and Julie. Leaving a few 'spare' supplies for the little one, we headed to the dreaded centre of the park, a place apparently renowned for a special breed of 'attack squirrels'. We thought to ourselves, how could these cute little things be nasty - not a chance! Julie was not prepared for theie blazen attempts to abscond, by whatever means, those desirable little morsels we call nuts! I was amused (see pics) Julie, not so much! Fay McKee - this is your fault based on our previous joy in feeding the squirrels..cheeky little things.

Finally trudged the last few hundred metres to base and promptly flopped onto the couch, shoes off.
Julie crashed on the couch and by 6 p.m I was in bed. We arose later to venture out for some late night snacks / dinner and promptly headed back to consume. Tomorrow (today) is forecast for a Max of 7-8 degrees so we'll see what eventuates, hence the attack on BOB's yesterday.

Stay tuned...




Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Terrorists be advised!Terrorists be advised!
Terrorists be advised!

This is the simple and non violent way to bring a city to it's knees


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb