Begining in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Piccadilly
September 6th 2010
Published: September 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Beginning of London



The flight from Montreal to Brussels was a little under 7 hours long. Our plane from Montreal was delayed not quite an hour, but the layover in Brussels was only an hour and a bit long. This meant that we barely made the plane to London and our baggage did not come with us. So we were without luggage for the first two days until we finally went to the airport to get it once it came to London. The hostel we are staying at is called The Generator.

The other day we went down to Hyde park and Parliament Square. Here we saw Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and Big Ben (Not as big as you would think but really nice.) These were only self-guided tours just to get a feel for the city, tomorrow we are going to do the same things but with a guide to see if we can get in to see inside the buidlings. On our journey down to Hyde Park we walked through the Piccadilly Circus where all the stage shows and theatres are.

Being the upstanding citizens we are, Alex and I went to Church on Sunday afternoon...

If you guys wanted a mental image of what London is actually like, just watch an episode of Coronation Street and it will render an exact image.

Today we booked our train tickets to Dublin, Ireland. The train takes us to the Holyhead Port at the North Western end of the island where we grab a farry to take us over to Ireland. We are staying in Dublin for 5 days.


Well thats it for now... Until next time....





Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

On the TrainOn the Train
On the Train

Standing room only!
Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace

As seen from the memorial
London EyeLondon Eye
London Eye

Worlds Largest Ferris Wheel


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb