London - Food Festivial and Imperial War Museum


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Mile End
May 31st 2011
Published: June 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On Monday Rhonda had brought us tickets to go to the Hampton Court Wine and Food Festival. Luckily the weather was fine so we were able to sit down, relax and enjoy the food. Alison was also with us as well as two of Rhonda’s friends. As the day got on the sky became greyer and greyer so we decided we better leave before it starts pouring down. We were able to have a quick look at the Hampton Court Palace. Although we didn’t see much as you had to pay for everything including the gardens and the maze. For tea we went to a restaurant near by with Rhonda’s gay neighbour which was good fun.

Today (Tuesday) we had planned to do the sights but the weather didn’t hold up so we decided to go to the Imperial War Museum. The War Museum was really interesting. Although we only saw two exhibitions -The War through the Eyes of the Children and The Holocaust we ended up spending a few hours there. The War through the Eyes of the Children was all about the children getting sent away to families in the countryside for safety. Although the children got sent to houses of people they had never met before they became really close and some were even away from their parents and home for years. The Holocaust was all about the German and the Jews. It had a really good model of a concentration camp. It was amazing how many people they would bring into the camp in a day. It also told you what happened when they bring those trainloads in. We then went to Oxford Street – the main shopping street in London. It has all the main chain stores and department stores. All stores along that street are massive.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb