Finally!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 13th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

sorry for the delay. I have very little chance to get on the internet these days and I spend most of it applying for jobs (i still don't have one).

OK- here is a little about my trip to london.

Simon came and greeted me at the airport which was very nice as always. followed by nachos at the airport (this is becoming a bit of a tradition as i am always starving after my flight). Then we had to haul all of my lovely bags onto the tube to the cite centre so we could then get them to the hotel. We did have to change trains, but it was ok and having simon's help made a vast improvement over my last journey to edinburgh with a thousand bags. We did get a taxi to the hotel, where we were informed that we were staying on the top floor with no lift. Joy.

We then proceded to sleep. I love sleep. We did manage not to starve and got some ready meals at Sainsbury's (read: fancy food from francy grocery store). This did include lemon bakewells, they are tiny tart things that are AMAZING and have subsequently ceased to exist.

After much more sleeping we spent the next few days just eating sandwiches from supermarkets and lounging about the parks near Buckingham. A few cool things: we went to the 'original' fish and chips (it is just called fish and chips). They were closing the next day for remodelling and there was a little ideological war happening between the man who wanted to sell us fish and chips and the man who wanted to dismantle the thing the fish and chips are kept on. It was funny.... until we got back to the hotel and half way through dinner found a big heavy screw in my chips. (yes i did finish eating them- they were yummy!). Also we had an amazing dinner at a little indo-pak restaurant by our hotel (being so close to bed is amazing when you are so full of goodness). Finally on our last day we went on one of those outrageously expensive open top bus tours. It was actually really fun and the weather was beautiful. (mom- i got an owie on my toungue that day and was pleased to discover they sell peroxyl at Boots!)

So london wasn't terribly exciting really, but s and i had a really good time relaxing after all the madness of the last month. (i am sure he will comment if i left out anything really important).



Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb