The home leg.


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Inside the Globe.Inside the Globe.Inside the Globe.

A view of the seats in the theatre.
This was our last official full day of sightseeing in London, as tomorrow we leave London for home. 😞 Today we went to the Globe Theatre, which was reconstructed by an American called Sam Wanamaker. Ironically, our tour was conducted by a Yank. It was interesting to see the replica that was built as true to the original as possible, down to constructing Elizabethan tools for the job. We then went to Buckingham Palace, amid several showers of rain, to see the Changing of the Guard. And so did 500, 000 other people (lol). We got to see the parade, but not the actual changing, because the crowd was 8-deep at the fence of the palace. We then went to see Wellington's Arch. Guess what? it was closed! We had planned to go for a walk through Hyde Park, but the rain had become torrential by now, so we decided to shop.

This is the final blog for our trip. We have had a wonderful time, and we hope that you've enjoyed sharing our trip with us. We look forward to seeing you when we get back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb