Hampton Court Palace: How to make friends with royalty


Advertisement
Published: December 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hampton Court Palace: how to make friends with royalty



With the sun shining and the temperature at a balmy 2 degrees, four Aussies and one Saffa set off to see the home of the once great King Henry VIII, Hampton Court Palace. The palace was in the midst of Christmas celebrations, so we observed many a nobleman and fair lady as they set about their lives in the midst of the arrival of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine Howard. Many an intrigue was told and some awkward moments observed as the first meeting of Queen Katherine and Anne of Cleves was henceforth witnessed.

Little did we know that there was a lady amongst our presence and in due time Lady Julia was revealed and revered by the men of the court, whose compliments included both 'a skin as soft as silk' and 'cheeks that were blooming'. While Julia received many a compliment, Sara was informed by the ladies of the court, that her presentation and her attempts at finding a suitable match were many years late, and she now feels her parents were remiss at not presenting her at the ripe old age of 12.

The fool of the court entertained on many occasions and was one of the finest we have seen. His foolhardy ways were a delight for both the ears and the eyes.

Our day was completed by a carriage ride home to our Putney abode.

Em


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Cool ceilingCool ceiling
Cool ceiling

The whole place had awesome ceilings
The ClockThe Clock
The Clock

In Clock Court
Christmas TreeChristmas Tree
Christmas Tree

with peacock feathers


24th January 2011

thanks
Clare and I only got to see the outside of this palace on the bus tour. Jipped again. Thanks for inside view. love mumxxoo Yes am catching up on blogs.
24th January 2011

Hey Brenda You will just have to make sure that you come and visit us again soon, and we promise that we will take you to this castle and many more! Well worth the trip I think. Em

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb