Ta-Ta London...next stop South Africa....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Heathrow Airport
February 9th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Soon we were barreling back down the tube to Heathrow and collecting our bags for the last leg of the trip. We checked into South African Airlines and boarded a very packed plane where we would spend the next 10 hours in close confines. Needless to say sleep was not easy, nor comfort. We did get fed but we were so tired we passed up most of the offerings. I wonder if anyone else finds it extremely difficult to use a plane restroom when you are required to have your knees behind your ears....?

Morning and arrival into Johannesburg did finally come and once again we were herded like cows into a stockade and led through customs. I think the sour disposition and displeased looks are a trait all countries use to hire their custom officials. We had to collect our bags here, even though told twice they would be checked through to Capetown. Here is where I found my suitcase's TSA lock had been removed...and my bag gone through. We only had a few minutes to get to our gate so when the less than helpful recheck baggage lady lazily waved her hand to some desk in some distant corridor to ask why, we chose to just recheck and deal with it later.

On the last leg into Cape Town we were tired but excited to be nearing our destination after three long days of travel.... And the start if our African Adventure!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb