the great battle of accomodation


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

as the morning fog cleared the relatively young troubadours awoke to the reality that battle was imminent. on one side of the battlefield of demise stood the kangakilts + on the other the pom tea + scones opposing.



if it wasn’t unpleasant enough to have woken with an irritable battle of death to fight, it was amplified by a 30hr flight half way round the world + a night full of restless sleep snuggled up inside a sleeping bag on a new bed that felt like the mattress was made in the 50s + greeted by the sounds of local morning traffic blaring past the jittery encrusted window mixed in with the sonic joys of duff duff local radio broadcasting from the laundry to its residential audience + perhaps the dj’s mother.. ahh.. then add the smell of an old wet dog that has just climbed out of a rubbish dump. this was not a happy morning.



whinge over.. battle on!



the mighty lauren of rocherlea pulls out her trusty iSword + with one swift + mighty blow (phone call) takes out the hapless + underprepared landlord of greenwich who quickly surrendered, apologised + relented to not charging us for the stay.



win to the little kangakilts!



with a win under the belt the troubadours progressed with confidence in seeking out new accommodation. once again lauren of rocherlea looks out upon the land using her trusty iLookingglass + spies the londonears hostel. without hesitation they ventured in its direction + as minutes turned into hours of epic train travel the two arrived. once again the ever insistent lauren negotiated a cheap treaty.



so the victorious kangakilts could rest both easy + in comfort in a clean bed + hot steamy shower. they were happy little soldiers J


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb