london 1.0 and dublin


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Ealing
September 14th 2008
Published: September 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

a little late on the update, but i landed and put in some walking miles. london is huge, and i just basically walked around aimlessly snapping photos of awe inspiring architecture, statues and pubs. whenever i got tired, i plopped down at the nearest pub and had a refreshing pint. first stop off the tube was north star pub, where i met PJ after he got off work. a couple pints there, a bite to eat and some rest. the jet lag caught up to me the next day, so i stayed in and slept to around 4pm (approx 8am pacific). made it to dublin just barely. closed tube lines, and trying to find hidden stations, we got to the ticket counter at luton 10min before the cut-off. dublin is tiny in comparison. a good night of guiness off the temple bar area (where the pints are cheaper!) and back to the hostel. our hostel, the shining, isn't that shiny. but it was a bed, so it'll do for a couple of days. me and P covered dublin in a couple hours today, minus the guiness factory. so tomorrow more of the same once Rob gets in, but we're gonna squeeze in the mighty guiness storehouse before heading to brussels. whirlwind week before oktoberfest this weekend. 3 cities in one week, i'm definitely going to slow down after the fest. pictures to come at a later date.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

first destinationfirst destination
first destination

the north star pub just outside the train station in Ealing. my first pint in Europe, where i waited for PJ to get off work.
some clock towersome clock tower
some clock tower

i think i heard someone say it was famous for something


15th September 2008

Oktoberfest
Awww, I'm so jealous you guys are going to Oktoberfest soon. You will have a blast! PROST! Never made it to Dublin or Brussels, but both sounded pretty awesome. Hang in there world traveler. I feel you on all the walking.....=)
26th September 2008

Some clock tower
I like how Parliament and Big Ben is just "some clock tower". LOL

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb