A traditional English Sunday roast!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Clapham
January 9th 2011
Published: January 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today, from somewhere the sun appeared and we had every intention to get out into it. Unfortunately the girl’s had other ideas and we ended up getting out around mid morning. We wanted to go to Clapham Common (not quite as big as Wimbledon) and have a play in the park before meeting some friends for a traditional roast lunch. We eventually made it to Clapham Common and found a fantastic playground for Mykenzie to have a run around! She only had around 10 minutes to play and then we had to meet the girls.

The Windmill on the Park at Clapham was everything you could want in an English Pub, great atmosphere, fantastic food and wonderful friends. It was such a classic way to spend a Sunday afternoon with red wine and a massive English roast lunch complete with Yorkshire pudding, Edyn’s first (roast, not red wine)! She loved it and finished hers as well as Mykenzie’s share! We had a nice, long lunch with great food, great wine and great friends. It would have been very easy to stay there long into the afternoon, pre-kids, but being the responsible parents we are, we dragged ourselves home!
By the time we got home the girl’s were well and truly overdue for their sleep. When they woke up it was almost dinner time so we stayed in for the night which was quite welcome.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb