Name the Van


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Barnes
July 6th 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It is time to name the van...suggestions welcome



We have a van...well we are getting it tomorrow, but the deposit has been paid.
The make is a '88 Ford Transit, which is a commercial type vehicle, with the modification into a camper van done professionally by a company that takes vehicle from factory and coverts them. The other option was some home brew van with much hippie character, but much less practicality...and yeah it smelled like hippies.

Meaghan's bag finally arrived, which relieved some of the stress we have been dealing with since we arrived. Things can get going now.

Our plans have changed (again..I know!!). Since we are in the UK now and no longer need to return in August we figured why waste the money to ferry back (not cheap by any means). The downside is that Meg had to break all the plans with her relatives here which is really unfortunate, but hopefully some of them will be available to meet on shorter notice.

What is a Euro trip without a couple bumps in the road? The van has good shocks. (Actually it doesn't)

We also had to break our plans with Kyle, my school buddy, who is on his own European adventure (complete with chicks is his FB pics are to be believed) since we wont be in Rome until much later. There is a chance we may be able to meet up in Germany though.

We leave the flat tomorrow to start our exploratory mission of the UK until the 22 of July. Why such a weird date you ask, because the taxes and MOT (road worthiness) expire on the 23 and we want to be out of the UK when they do.

If you have a name suggestion for the van, post it in the comments section


Advertisement



6th July 2009

Patrick Mcdonald
Hi guys I hope you enjoy Europe, I grew up with Patrick in Canada and now live in Barnes London, he has told me you are in Richmond which is only a ten minute drive away, if you guys need anything just send me and email x Enjoy Europe it is a wonderful place x Dorset is a really lovely place to visit, Purbeck specifically is beautiful if you would like any campsite names for down that way I have a few. As for a van name it does look a bit like the Pope Mobile! Best wishes Janet
6th July 2009

Suggest name for Van
Hey you two! Sounds like it has been an exciting adventure already. You could call the Van VANessa. Or VANdamme, or VANilla. Keep having a great time!!! A
6th July 2009

Sounds like fun! Hopefully i'll be able to see you guys when i come out eventually.
6th July 2009

Well...
The van looks great! Exactly what's needed! It seems like it's calling for something like, berni?, bernice, bernard... or some such. Hope the imminent expiration of MOTs are not a reflection on it's capabilities! It looks ready for the alps!
7th July 2009

Van!
You should name it Jenn. That way I'm there in spirit. As good as it gets for now :(
7th July 2009

Van!
You should name it Jenn. That way I'm there in spirit. As good as it gets for now :(
7th July 2009

It's in the van man
I learned to drive in a 1950's something right hand drive postal jeep. It was embarrassing. It would either stall or the throttle would stick wide open. Yours looks much better. I guess this makes you official 21st century hippies. You just need a little tie dye and a peace sign. But seriously it looks great. I think you should name it the "Bugatti" or "Bug" for short. That is THE most expensive car in the world. When Meg tells you to go park the Bugatti just imagine the places you'll get into.
11th July 2009

Give it some much-needed cred
Call it "Hootchie-Cootchie Van" and give it some down-home cred to counter balance a minute fraction of all that factory shine.
15th July 2009

name the Van
call it the Shagan (Shane and Mehan combined) Wagon
15th July 2009

The van
Call the van the Shagan (Shane and Megan combined) Wagon..lol
21st July 2009

Name that van!
OMG, It's soooo much better than one that smells like hippies! I think that you should name it Glory! Sounds like plans are changin' but I guess that's half of the fun of travelling! I'm glad Meg's bag arrived, yeesh!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb