Boughton-on-the water


Advertisement
Published: April 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

4/02/09-We arrived at Heathrow Airport at about 8.30 am after a 12 hour flight. After a short bus ride we picked up our car, which was covered in ice, and headed off for the Cotswolds. Thanks to our GPS we drove into Boughton-on the-water two hours later. The scenery on the way and when we got there was just beautiful as everything was covered in snow. The river "Windrush" runs through this picturesque Cotswold village.

The first thing we did was to go to a tourist information centre in the village. There we were told that it was the first time in 25 years that it had snowed in the Cotswolds. We were also given some information on a great place to stay which we looked over whilst having hot chocolates and cake in a lovely little teahouse in the main street.

We decided to go and see the apartment which was just down the main street and were very impressed as it had just about everything we needed, even washing facilities and a mobile phone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Tea room Tea room
Tea room

This where we had our hot chocolates and cakes.
Motor MuseumMotor Museum
Motor Museum

It wasn't open while we were there.
Owl on our balconyOwl on our balcony
Owl on our balcony

This owl changed his appearance just about every day depending how much snow we had.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb