Emblenworldtour the sequel


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset
September 28th 2010
Published: September 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Let’s hope the sequel is just as good as the original, because as we all know sometimes in films this just isn’t the case - the Rocky movies spring to mind here (except for Rocky III which is considered by some to be the best, but it is open to debate)! Well here we are just one day before we embark on the second leg of our “gap year” and, as the weather is starting to get cooler at home, the warmer climate of Asia is beckoning us. Obviously we use the term “gap year” loosely as, firstly, that implies we are youngsters off on our world tour before we begin the serious business of studies or a career (obviously not true despite Chris’s delusions) and, secondly, we intend to string it out for as long as the legs hold out (and the money of course) - this part may well be true. This chapter of our itinerary (well we don’t really have one just an idea of the countries we want to visit) will include China, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia and you never know where else and probably not in that order.

Luckily we didn’t need any more injections this time round as the ones from the last trip are all still valid, which is just as well as the cost of the malaria tablets was almost as much as the flight to Hong Kong! Our packing is done, and we both feel we have this down to a fine art now and most of what we took last time is coming back out with us again and in Chris’ case most of his stuff was actually still in his backpack from the last trip so it is just a matter of slinging it on his back and off he goes. Obviously for me there had to be some slight adjustments and, essentially, my 7 month supply of the various face creams and potions needed for that youthful appearance (no comments needed)!

Before we head off we would like to say a big thanks to our families & friends for letting us doss at their houses and generally looking after us and feeding us for the few months we have been home. It has been lovely to catch up with loads of people, near and far, and for those we haven’t managed to see very much (or at all) we’re really sorry and hopefully we will meet up next summer. As I have managed to be a lady that regularly lunches for the past few months, whilst I have sent Chris out to work, it is now time to walk it all off, so until the next blog entry ............


Advertisement



29th September 2010

How jealous am I?
Guys, you blow me away and I am sooooooo jealous. Can't really complain though as five years' ago that was our gap year (again!). I think it's going to be a fab trip and not knowing where you're going just makes it all the more fun. Use other traveller's recommendations because they'll be the most up-to-date and usually spot on (but you'll already have done that on your last trip most probably). Have an amazing time and I look forward to reading your blogs.
29th September 2010

Good Luck!
Good luck! How lovely to be escaping a) the winter b) the gloom about the economy and c) the need to be responsible for a while at least. Enjoy it all. Sheila
4th November 2010

Lisa and Chris, are you the same Lisa and Chris who travelled through Cambodia, Thailand, Laos and Sri Lanka about 10 years ago ?
5th November 2010

Sorry
Nope sorry, 10 years ago we were working all hours so our son could have all the latest Xbox games. This year was our first time in the region.

Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.2541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb