Getting Ready for the Off


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Derbyshire » Buxton
February 10th 2014
Published: February 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Back from a wettish weekend walking in the Peak District - fortunately no significant rain when we were walking on the Saturday but rivers still in spate and ground pretty saturated. Given that the UK has just experienced the wettest January on record and February shows every sign of being a repeat of January I guess we can't complain too much about getting a soaking while making the dash from the pub to the Saturday night curry. Notwithstanding this good fortune it still feels like a pretty good time to be leaving the country for a sunny 70F Buenos Aires.

I've now taken care of admin and packed so am pretty much ready for the off. Planning to travel light on the basis that 5 months is far too long to anticipate every eventuality and Spanish permitting non-essentials can be picked up en route - that said I've still managed to fill up a pretty big holdall, mostly with electronic gadgets or walking kit.

I've applied for an upgrade through a company called Optiontown on the Buenos Aires leg of the flight - 13hrs 20mins - so keeping every crossed that this comes off! In principle you pay a reasonably nominal amount to Optiontown who contract with Air Europa for any unsold Business Class seats. If there are none you are refunded.

Very excited that after all those months of planning am finally being ready for the off. Trying not to get too far ahead of myself so looking forward in particular to Antarctica and trekking in Patagonia. Next stop South America.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb