Roger Hood and his merry men


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria
April 7th 2005
Published: April 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Less than a week back and another wedding, this time the groom is Kim's Dad Steve, fresh off a pre-wedding honeymoon in Egypt, taken out of order so that his lovely daughter and her wonderful partner (that's me) could attend.

The location was the equally wonderful Armathwaite Hall in the wonderful Lake District, at the north end of Bassenthwaite Lake for afficionados. Hawking (with birds, not wood-carvings) and archery replaced welly-tossing and egg-and-spoon, and as far as I could tell the small band of guests enjoyed themselves tremendously.

One interesting fact to emerge in conversation is that Stu, of Travelblog favourite Stu's World Tour is actually Gareth's brother - Gareth being newly handfasted to Sue, a long time Buckley family friend. So we've sat looking in awe at Stu's travels to date thinking our little jaunt now seems a little unambitious - but then it isn't a competition is it, and what we've just been reading on Travelblog about Siberian border guards sounds like quite enough to deal with, thank you.

Next stop Tallin, hopefully in about two weeks, fingers crossed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



12th April 2005

wow
Very powerful pic.
24th July 2006

diksha2@hotmail.com
you are a genius when it comes to pictures!! simply amazing...I am jealous.

Tot: 0.366s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 36; qc: 132; dbt: 0.1708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.8mb