Scones, Fish Pie and Moet!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Keswick
August 9th 2008
Published: June 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Headed to Keswick after our yummy brekkie. Very excited to check out our Keswick Rickerby Grange B&B (esp after the little joke by the lady at the Visitors' Centre). As we entered the driveway, we saw a rather burly man on a ladder tending to his garden. That must be Des! Carol, the mistress of the house, showed us around the house! Lovely! She was very kind to share tips on where to explore in Keswick.

Went out to explore Keswick town by foot. We walked past a meadow with meh-meh and moo-moo roaming around. Definitely much better than driving to town, despite the drizzle. As we arrived at Keswick town, our shopping craze started to hit us. We entered an outdoor gear store and i simply couldn't resist buying a polo tee that says sun-resistant, mosquito-resistant and quick dry (sounds too good to be true rite?). Continued to explore the little souvenir and handicraft shops before stopping at Wild Strawberry Cafe for my scones and clotted cream, one of my KPI of the trip. Lovely decor and ambience, though the food wasn't really fantastic. Thot the rain seemed to have stopped and we headed out to explore some more.
Moo MooMoo MooMoo Moo

On the way to Keswick Town


Roamed slightly further out to the Lake as recommended by Carol. Was looking fwd to do a little boat ride, but with this kind of wet and misty weather, don't think we'll really enjoy the trip out in the lake. Feeling a bit disappointed, we headed back to town to shop some more. Many interesting places in a little town. We saw many local food products, handmade teapots and a puzzle museum. Before we head back, we chanced upon a hundred years old ice cream store and decided to try thinking it must really nice to survive a 100 years. But well.. dun consider trying if you don't wanna waste calories intake.

Headed back to B&B and decided to drive around the area. We just roamed around aimlessly but enjoying every moment. We ended up at a dead end (i dont know how we got there) to meet a herd of meh-meh "charging" towards us. Totally amused at how we wanna run away yet at the same time trying to snap their pictures. Continued to drive up to Cockermouth and stopped over at the Sheep and Wool. Nothing was happening (prob we were too late) so it ended up as just a toilet break. Headed to Cockermouth town to look look see see and headed back to Keswick for dinner.

Had a super awesome dinner at Keswick Lodge, one of the few happening restaurants that's opened. We ordered was the Fish Pie (our fave), lasagne, a stew and a bottle of Moet! Somehow we felt a bit extravagant but can't resist cos the Moet is only 20GBP/ bottle! Feeling very happy after a sumptuous meal and of course a bit high from the bubbly.

The only regret so far is... We haven't seen sun shine over the Lake District yet. It's our last day here tmr... Pray hard hard that the sun will be out tmr.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Food stuffFood stuff
Food stuff

can see but cannot buy all
Where r we?Where r we?
Where r we?

Ended up at a dead end
Stopped by a lake Stopped by a lake
Stopped by a lake

Bassenthwaite Lake


Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0889s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb