GSE 2013 – 1190 to 3180 (TC)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Carlisle
November 28th 2012
Published: November 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our first blog post!

Just five weeks now until we head to India for our trip so I thought I would post a first blog entry to get us started!

Most of you will know that we are taking part in the Group Study Exchange (GSE) through Rotary International. We have been lucky enough to be chosen to visit Karnataka in South West India to learn more about our vocations and the good work of Rotary International.

Some quick introductions:

Angie Biggs (Kendal) – Team Leader and retired English Teacher
Nicola Howarth (Kendal South Westmorland) – Senior Chef De Partie
Diane Livingstone (Carlisle Castle) – Information Analyst
Emily Maclean (Kendal) – Training Project Coordinator
Tracy Calvert (Carlisle South) – Communications Officer

Lots of planning and preparation work has been going on behind the scenes to make the GSE a success, some from the Rotary club and some from us ladies. I don’t think we realised just how much work goes into it, from preparing our presentation about the district and our jobs, attending our own meetings and Rotary club meetings to talk about our progress, to sourcing a nice, comfortable, uniform to wear (one that everybody agrees on!). We also had visas, vaccinations, gifts, research and lots of other things to think about.

Now we have our flights and also an itinerary, we can really start to get excited and enjoy the experience!

Tracy x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb