India Itinerary Confirmed


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire » Peterborough
February 14th 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Time has been creeping stealth-like onwards and suddenly it's only ten days until my departure to India. Today I received the final itinerary for the trip, and I have to say it looks rather exciting! The trip is to be split into two groups and I'll be in the group travelling East from Delhi to Bhubaneshwar.


Here's a summary of what I'll be doing:
24 Feb - Depart London Heathrow
25 Feb - Arrive in Delhi, briefings with WaterAid staff in India
26 Feb - Fly to Bhubaneshwar, briefings with regional WaterAid staff
27 Feb - A day in the life of a rural community in India - visiting a village near Puri of 273 people all of whom are below the poverty line. Sanitation coverage is nil.
28 Feb - Visit to a village where interventions have taken place to see the difference that having total sanitation coverage makes.
1 Mar - Visit to another village, working on construction of latrines.
2 Mar - Visit to a school sanitation and hygiene programme.
3 Mar - Visit to a village focusing on an integrated approach to water resource management and sanitation.
4 Mar - Holi (Hindu festival) - day off
5 Mar - Visit to Cuttack urban slums to see the specific problems of unplanned urban settlements, meeting with municipal authorities and local communities. Commissioning of a new latrine block.
6 Mar - Morning visit to the slums of Bhubaneshwar to see ongoing project work, then fly back to Delhi and reunite with the other group.
7 Mar - Day free for shopping and sightseeing etc.
8 Mar - Debriefing with WaterAid India staff.
9 Mar - fly back to UK.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb