Weekend away


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Friday afternoon Wayne and I headed out for another weekend away, this time we were heading to Berkshire. The M25 was a bit busy and it took us 3 hours to get their. The venue, another DeVere venue (curtosy of Claire's staff discount £35 a night for 2 is a bargin!) was located in the countryside. Wokefield Park is a huge golfing and conference complex with a mansion house.

We arrived in time for some dinner, a delicious starter and main mmmmmmm. We then had desert downstairs 'grazing' on the complementary hot chocolate, milk, coffee, biscuits and fruit. We had a lovely evening.

Saturday we headed out to Windsor after a HUGE delicious brekkie, and visited the castle. The weather was boiling, and queing in the heat was v sweaty! We went around the castle and then looked around the town. We walked along the river and stopped for lunch at a bar/restaurant for a sandwich and a beer. We then slowly headed back to the centre and had a lovely swim in the pool, sat in the spa and then sauna followed by another swim.

In the evening we visited Claire and David at their new house, which was lovely in Holyport. We had a lovely BBQ with them and a group of their friends. We headed back and chilled out with a hot drink.

Sunday we woke a bit earlier and had a morning swim followed by another HUGE brekkie - cooked brekkie, toast, crousaunts and fruit. We then headed home- the traffic was much better. In the afternoon we visited Wayne's parents and then mine before heading home for a well deserved rest.

I really enjoyed the weekend and was very chilled out! I have decided I should swim more often and may venture out and join a gym with a pool... we'll see!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.378s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb