Dav's Birthday!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Bedford
March 26th 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Dav turns 27!




We had an early start to the day as Bodhi, the dog that visits Lucretia and Craig's house, snuck (with the help of Lucretia and Craig!) into the bedroom to give us a big good morning welcome!


Unfortunately for Craig he then had to head off to work, as the rest of us piled in on the bed so Dav could open his cards and presents. Lucretia then made us a lovey breakfast of croissants (and of course a cup of tea), and the rest of the morning was spent with the birthday boy receiving call after call from back home.


We then headed into the nearby town of Hitchfield to check out Lucretia's work. Back home for a late lunch, before Craig got home from work mid-affternoon. Time for a quick movie (and afternoon naps for most!), before the beers and wine were cracked opened and the serious travel discussions began!


We were treated to a fantastic meal which would rival any resturant - bruschetta, followed by Craig's speciality chicken/fettucini meal, and rounded off with a spectacular chocolate/cream/berry cake! The cake was actually made by Lucretia and Craig's landlord Caroline who, while having never actually met us and working away for the time we were staying there, still wanted to make Dav his birthday cake! So nice! So, even though the cake was a little overcooked and dry, it was a lovely gesture - and it looked lovely (thanks to Lcuretia and I and our superb decorating skills) and when eaten in conjuction with a mouthful of cream for moisture, wasn't too bad!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb