Leaving beautiful Odessa


Advertisement
Ukraine's flag
Europe » Ukraine » Odessa
July 13th 2012
Published: July 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

When waking up we didn't have any plan for where to go today. We had been considering three alternatives, to go to the beach of Zatoka, to take the train to Crimea or to travel towards Kiev. So we packed our things, checked out and went to a nearby café to research our alternatives. Both the Zatoka and the Crimea alternatives felt as we would then be in a hurry for the rest of the vacation, so we decided to go to Kiev and have a little looser schedule.

The train to Kiev was to leave at 7:11 PM, so we didn't have any hurry. We also had our luggage with us, so we didn't feel like sightseeing. We sat at our breakfast café using the WIFI until 1 PM, then we walked to the train station and bought tickets, and tried to find some place to leave our backpack. It didn't seem to exist such a place at the train station so we had to carry all the stuff the rest of the day. We therefore again headed for a restaurant with WIFI, this time we also had lunch. When we had maybe 2 hours left to the train departure we went out looking for a supermarket to buy some snacks for the train. This was much harder than we thought, we only found small kiosks and eventually bought our snacks from one of them.

We went to our train a little before seven. When we came to our cabin we found a nice lady who presented herself as Inna there. Five minutes later a white haired man arrived, during the whole trip he didn't try to communicate with us more than to tell us we where sitting on his bed when he entered. Inna luckily allowed us to sit on her bed, and also gave us some tips for what to see in Kiev. The rest of our cabin went to bed already at 9 PM, so we then stood in the corridor talking and eating our snacks for some time before we also went to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb