Gryon, Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
May 4th 2007
Published: May 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sunday April 29, 2007 - Meggie’s sister studied abroad a few years ago and traveled to Switzerland. She heard of this tiny town in the mountains called Gryon. Meggie’s sister told her that if she did not go to Gryon, that they would not be speaking once Meggie returned to the states. It is just that amazing of a place to go. So, Meggie, Jacqueline, Monica and I decided to check it out.

We met up with Monica again on the train ride up to Gryon. She had been in Zug, and Lucerne for a few days with another guy from our program. We weren’t sure that she would find her way to Gryon because it was so small, but she came through.

Meggie’s sister told us of this good hostel right in the mountain that we went and stayed at. We checked in there and made some food and went to bed after being on the train for 4 hours.

The next morning we went on about a 3.5 hour hike through the mountains. It was very beautiful walking through the mountains and there was so much to take pictures of. We came across a few streams and we looked for those water crabs like we learned about in Interlaken. Sure enough, the water was perfectly drinkable.

When we got back the hostel was taking a group of people to the hot springs pool about 30 minutes away. We jumped in and went to a really nice pool with saunas and a whirl pool and everything. It was really nice. Later that night we hung out with the guys that were working at the hostel and a few of the other guests. The hostel provided guitars to play, so we made a campfire and I was handed a guitar and told to play. It was a really fun night.

The next day we just hung around the hostel and enjoyed the weather. I had to catch my train to Zermatt at 4pm and the girls were leaving to catch their flight from Geneva in the morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



11th June 2007

We ( me, my husband and son aged 11) stayed in gryon for a week a couple of years ago, we had a great time, walking and chilling. Enjoyedit so much we are going agian in a coupel of weeks. Good to hear other people enjoy the place

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb