An Evening on the Mountain


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Leysin
August 20th 2008
Published: August 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The night is too beautiful to pass up the opportunity to share the views. The mountains have such a personality of their own! And this school has an interesting history as well ... years ago the buildings were used as a hospital for tuberculosis patients, as doctors thought the proximity to the sun would help cure them. Evidently, many people passed away in these very buildings. The kids of course say the place is haunted and that the mountains carry the souls of the departed. I guess spending so much time up here, with little oxygen, has made their imaginations run wild. Yet, on a night such as this, one can only wonder.

Leysin is such an interesting little town ... I walked into the cafe today and there was man totally clad in lederhosen and the traditional swiss hat. The cow bells were clanking and the fog was blowing at an uncanny rate of speed. I feel so fortunate to have spent so much time in this charming little town. Although I still have a week left, I feel as if I should appreciate the quirkiness of this place before I return to the states.

Hope you are all well.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb