Grindelwald - Lauterbrunnen Valley


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lauterbrunnen
July 2nd 2013
Published: July 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Lauterbrunnen ValleyLauterbrunnen ValleyLauterbrunnen Valley

From in the town
The day started with a couple of delays. We got down to the town and had forgotten our Visitors Pass so back we went as we wanted to book tickets to the Cheese Making on Thursday morning. We then drove to Lauterbrunnen and Karilyn left the camera in the car so Neil went back. We then walked up the valley in beautiful sunny, warm weather to the Trummelbach Falls. There seems to be an over abundance of Muslims everywhere who block the tracks and don't move to let people through. Maybe it's the large populations they have that they just don't care. The men wear what they want and the women are either completely covered in chadors with only eyes showing (even then sun glasses) or they are rugged up in trousers, coats and scarves then sometimes covered with something long. As long as no part shows other than hands it seems. What a life! Hopefully, they will see that there is another way of life and that they look ridiculous in a European country wearing such clothes. Enough said.

Neil and Karilyn visited the Falls while we people watched, then we headed up towards Stechelberg where we had a
Lunch by a streamLunch by a streamLunch by a stream

A lovely warm day. Lunch up the top end of the Lauterbrunnen Valley
picnic lunch by the stream. Unfortunately, a cable car came down while we were sitting so we missed the next one going up to Murren. We were to be at Marianns for afternoon tea at around 3pm and obviously this wasn't going to happen. We suggested that K&N continue onto Murren on the Seilbahn, train to Grutschalp, cable car down to Lauterbrunnen and train back to Grindelwald while we went and visited Mariann.

All went well until we got to Unterseen when we struck road works and got sent somewhere we didn't know and couldn't find Marianns. Eventually we stumbled on it and had to apologise profusely that there was only two of us and not four. She had prepared a lovely meal which made us feel bad. We had melon, followed by a mushroom pie and salad, then an apricot tart. Hardly afternoon tea one would say! Needless to say, we did not need dinner.

On arriving back at the house, Karilyn and Neil had arrived before us, dropped their gear, then left us a note to say they were along at the Panorama for a drink. We joined them and found it was the Music Night and all the locals seemed to be turning up. They got quite busy with their BBQ (Swiss version) and music night so we left them to it. Not before listening for a while though.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.338s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb