Lauterbrunnen - Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lauterbrunnen
August 10th 2008
Published: April 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Paris - Lauterbrunnen

10/08/2008

SwitzerlandSwitzerlandSwitzerland

The incredible Swiss alps tower over the Topdeck coaches.
Woke early to my alarm and packed my bag and eventually the tent. This morning I wasn’t feeling great after a big night last night. After my shower I ate breakfast and helped loading the bus, soon enough we were ready to leave. Today we had a long drive across the boarder to Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland. We drove all day long, stopped for lunch then continued driving until we finally reached the border. Switzerland was known to have strict border control so we were expecting to be here for a while waiting to be granted entry. The bus pulled over and Billy turned the engine off. We sat for 5 minutes and were cleared into Switzerland, Jamie couldn’t believe it. He had never heard of it taking such a short amount of time before, considering a few people from his last group had to be searched.

As we crossed the country through tunnel after tunnel, Jamie gave us the run down of Switzerland, about its history, people and things it was famous for, one of those was chocolate. Shortly after we had a petrol stop where everyone stocked up of chocolate, I bought some mixed lindt and a bag of
SwitzerlandSwitzerlandSwitzerland

The group setup our shanty town once again, this time in the shadows of the Swiss alps
mixed Toblerone. It was some of the best chocolate I had ever eaten, it was amazing. Eventually we arrived in Lauterbrunnen and shortly after our campsite. The campsite sat in between two large mountains and the scenery was stunning, it was a beautiful location. We put up the cook tent first so Gavo could start cooking and then setup our own tents in long rows next to the coach park. We hung around the campsite until dinner was ready, Gavo was cooking us a chicken stir-fry with rice, with the help of some people in the group. When it was ready we all grabbed a seat then lined up one by one to get some dinner, it was delicious. Afterwards some of us headed to the bar and had a few drinks and soon after went to our tents to sleep.

Day 3:
Paris - Lauterbrunnen
405 MILES TRAVELLED // 690 TOTAL
TCS Camping Schutzenbach


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

SwitzerlandSwitzerland
Switzerland

The line-up of Topdeck tents at a fantasic campsite in Lauterbrunnen


Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 71; dbt: 0.236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb