CERN - Geneva


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva
July 21st 2014
Published: July 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The drive from Alice Bel Colle was as beautiful as the trip there through the Alps. We arrived at our next apartment in Geneva. In the evening, we met a student living in the apartments that was working on his doctorate at CERN. Pretty cool.

The next morning, we awoke, packed and headed over to the exhibits at CERN (CERN is an international gathering of scientists and the largest particle accelerator in the world where they discovered the particle responsible for gravity!). Dad was quite excited by the whole thing, comparable to a child on Christmas morning. The exhibit was interesting too. There were live experiments, explanations, pieces of the historical accelerators as well as parts of the actual accelerators and detectors on display. The visual experience in the globe exhibition area explained about what they are studying there. Overall, very cool.

After seeing all that was available to see at CERN and stopping for a little shopping outside of Geneva, we headed for Strasbourg, France.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb