EuRoP !!!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva
July 20th 2006
Published: August 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Top 10 Check List:





*1. Being able to pronounce the various districts in Hong Kong, Tsim Tsa Tsui, Hung Hom, Mong Kok… and knowing how to get to the best 'coin cache' in HK. Learning to bargain at the wet markets of Hong Kong and only getting cheated as other locals do.

*2. SCHOOLING in HONK KONG, and not freaking out when the teacher and students breakout in Cantonese!


*3. Travelling through 6 provinces in China and now knowing where next I want to go in China, and being confident enough in my Mandarin to travel alone…amazing memories. Learning so much about the culture and people and history and economic frenzy … China is a growing giant and its good to understand what it needs for growth and what is stopping it from growth, and as u supply what it needs u cant help but grow with it, and hopefully have enough influence to make sure its done with care and thought as to the people and environment.

*4. Spending time with my mommy : )


*5. Travelling to Thailand! The food, the history, Thai silks, beaches, riding an elephant, bargaining with the tuk tuk drivers, etc

*6. India! Being so incredibly blessed at the all-Asian Conference with Pastor EA Adeboye. The saris worn and market places so vibrant with the colours of bright green, yellow, red, orange… the sounds, artistic writing, the sight of female cows roaming about, amazing tasty vegetarian dishes (SPICY!) and the lingering evidence hinting at the societies cast system.
*7. Living in Geneva (so unlike I expected) and visiting Montreax, Vevey and Lausane (where I almost initially went for my academic exchange), amazing scenic train rides and bike paths.

*8. Interning at UNEP, Basel convention! Such an eye-opening experience in project review methods, proposal writing skills, COP8 document preparations, politics, mazing my way through quite a bit of history and background info. Getting to see Kofi Annan, Mr. Achim Steiner (Executive Director of UNEP in Nairobi) and other regular, though very sweet, folk at work.


*9. Getting to visit Venice, Padova, Verona, Florence, Milano (in Italy, pictures on my next final blog...), Nice, Marcelle and Paris (in France), Barcelona (Spain) and visiting family in Brussels (Belgium).

*10. Most importantly, growing in the Lord! (He who called me out of darkness and into His marvellous light). Learning so much about life!! and finding a balance, learning how to watch what I say and minister life to people, how to encourage the weary, and how not to base my peace and hope on outward parameters... He is my solid rock!





Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb