Finally - a BBQ!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva » La Plaine
May 24th 2012
Published: May 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Milk Festival.Milk Festival.Milk Festival.

Plan-les-Ouates.
It has been a week since my parents have been back from their trip to Croatia. They really enjoyed it. But, most importantly of all, the place that they were staying when they got back had a BBQ. That was a treat! We bought some ground beef and made up some hamburger patties with onions. They were so good that I had to eat 3 burgers. The last time that we had a BBQ was the end of July 2011. It is safe to say that we will be doing a lot of BBQs when we get back this summer. The thought of it just makes my mouth water. Also, what added to the charm of the BBQ was the place where my parents were staying. It was in a little village in France called "Les Lirons." This village was about 30 minutes east of Avully. From the chalet where they were staying, we had some great views of the snow-covered Alps. It was definitely a peaceful area.

Eating a BBQ was one of my cravings over here. This past Sunday, I was able to satisfy another one of my cravings as well. That was to climb/hike the Salève - the mountain that is in France, but overlooks Geneva. It has been dubbed Geneva's mountain. It was a neat hike. We had to climb a bit through a cave and after snacking at the top for awhile, we made our way down. On our way down we saw a lot of people taking off of the slope/cliff and doing some paragliding. That was sure neat to see. Avery and I had a nice time hiking together as my parents watched the kids.

We are looking forward to this coming weekend where we will be driving to Zermatt to take in the Matterhorn. We will see how this region compares with the Berner Oberland.

There is a funny thing that Isabelle said the other day. She was saying to us that her nose was sure hurting. We then asked her why. To which she replied, "I think that I have been picking it too much!" I guess you could say that she is a chip off the old block - something that I am a little ashamed of admitting.

Also, Myles has been speaking more and more over the past little while. He is able to repeat a
Myles obsessive compulsion.Myles obsessive compulsion.Myles obsessive compulsion.

He always wants to ride his "blue bike," as he calls it.
lot of words and he is starting to string together some simple sentences. It is cute hearing him try to say the words that Isabelle is saying. I think that Myles might have OCD. From the toy library, we got him a little car/bike that he can push with his feet while sitting on it. This is the first thing that he wants to do when he wakes up and when it is time to come into the house for supper, he throws a tantrum because he wants to keep riding it. We know that his tantrums can be bad because he was wailing and screaming this evening and one of our neighbour's came to the door to see if we had taken care of him. I hope that this is just the terrible twos. Time will tell.

Jarod


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

The Jura.The Jura.
The Jura.

This is a picture looking west from our apartment complex.
Les Lirons.Les Lirons.
Les Lirons.

The chalet where mom and dad were staying.
Les Lirons.Les Lirons.
Les Lirons.

A good view of Avery and the Alps.
Château d'Avenières.Château d'Avenières.
Château d'Avenières.

This castle was on the way to where mom and dad were staying.
Le Salève.Le Salève.
Le Salève.

Part of our hike.
La grotte de l'Orjobet.La grotte de l'Orjobet.
La grotte de l'Orjobet.

The cave that we had to go through.
Le Salève.Le Salève.
Le Salève.

This is looking up to where we hiked.
Les Lirons.Les Lirons.
Les Lirons.

The same chalet.


25th May 2012

Beautiful Photos
Cute family pictures! Enjoy the last weeks in your adventure in Switzerand.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb