Update from Lucerne


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
May 12th 2012
Published: May 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Its been a week since we left Sydney and so far we have had a great time. The first stop was Jakarta, we only had one day so we visited a large shopping emporium about 25 minutes by taxi from the hotel. We were also able to enjoy some nice indonesian food. The next real stop was London after transit stops in Dubai and Amsterdam. In London we did a tour of the city highlights, had a very nice lunch at Harrods and we were able to catch up with Charlie at Westminster Abbey. The European Cavalcade began on Wednesday. The first stop was Amsterdam after travelling through France and Belgium. Once in Amsterdam we headed straight to the red light district for some x-rated sightseeing and then enjoyed the canal cruise finishing the night off with a typical Dutch meal. We were up early the next morning, the first stop was Cologne in Germany where we had lunch, we then continued on to the Rhine for a very scenic cruise, the houses and coutryside were very pretty. Yesterday we travelled to Lucerne via Heidelberg and the Black Forest, the temperature was in the high 20s. That night we enjoyed a traditional Swiss dinner and show. I had a one litre beer. During the show we were all called up onto the stage at various times. Today we took the cable car to Mt Pilatus, it was foggy but we did see some snow. We came back on the cog rail and then had a boat trip on Lake Lucerne. This afternoon we did some shopping and tonight it is dinner at Hotel Wienhof. Tomorrow we leave for Austria after that we go to Italy. Thats all for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



22nd May 2012

Wow!
Oh wow....Lucerne!!!!another place to add on our bucket list.....Enjoy the rest of your tour! tell your friends bout Sydney too......

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb