Europe 2009


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
August 17th 2009
Published: September 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ann & Mike leave Vancouver in late September on a Lufthansa flight to Zurich via Frankfurt. We will meet Ann's sister Beryl & husband Neil there and drive east to Bauma as a base for our three-day exploration of the alpine village of Hemberg & its environs, where the Brunner clan have lived since the 14th century. Ann & Beryl's mother was Beatrice Mary Josephine Veronica Brunner.

Then we take the train from Zurich to Innsbruck where we pick up a rental car for the main part of our European tour. The proposed itinerary is to drive south to Limone sul Garda and then on through Verona & Padua to Venice. Heading north through the Friuli region, we hope to stay in Hallstatt then on to Salzburg. From there we head east to Vienna for a brief meeting with opera singers Siphiwe & husband Paul before he leaves for his next engagement. Then will it be Prague or Budapest? Can't say yet. Then finally back to the Wienerwald to say with Siphiwe who will be rehearsing in Baden for her next engagement, "The Tales of Hoffmann".

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb