Zurich, Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
May 4th 2007
Published: May 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Friday April 27, 2007 - Jacqueline, Monica, Meggie, and I flew from Vienna to Zurich, Switzerland on Friday. We were immediately greeted by friendly people, even at the customs check in. We had a 10 minute conversation with the lady that checked our passports at the airport. She didn’t really care that people were in line. She wanted to know where we were going and wanted to tell us her favorite parts of Switzerland. It was great!

Then we took a train to the main train station in Zurich. There was a sand volleyball tournament going on inside of the train station. We sat and watched for awhile and then met up with another friend from our program. Monica went with him to a town 20 minutes south of Zurich.

Meggie, Jacqueline, and I stayed in Zurich for the night and met some cool guys from Nottingham. We hung out with them at the hostel for awhile and then we all went to a jazz club that night.

Saturday, Meggie, Jacqueline and I went walking around Zurich. We were walking along the lake and found a cheap place to rent a paddle boat for an hour. It was actually a ton of fun being out on the lake. It was really warm and the girls did all of the paddling!

We kept walking after the boating and we went up and saw the University of Zurich. I would have been out of money 2 months ago if I studied abroad in Zurich. It is a very expensive city.

We hung out in a park for about an hour after that and while the girls laid out in the sun, I went into the city museum. It was a cool little museum about how the Celts lived hundreds of years ago and about the Swiss influence on America. Adolph Rickenbacher was Swiss. He invented the first electric guitar which is on display in Zurich. Chevrolet is also from Switzerland. He just brought his name and car making idea to the states.

After the museum, we met up again with the British guys, Tom and Ross, and convinced them into coming to Interlaken with us. Switzerland was about to get even better!



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

my room in the hostelmy room in the hostel
my room in the hostel

there were 8 people in each room, but each person had their own little room.
common European themecommon European theme
common European theme

Everyone eats outside


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb