Ramvik to Stockholm via the E4 SWEDEN


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County
July 13th 2010
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Long road to StockholmLong road to StockholmLong road to Stockholm

but a little prettier now we are further south in Sweden
Another long drive (280 miles) today down the E4 ever southwards from half way up the Bay of Bothnia until we got to Stockholm. Again we saw little of the sea though we followed the coastline for most of the way but we did get a couple of momentary glimpses.
The ‘wild animal’ fence was in evidence again almost all the way along but obviously not 100% successful at keeping the animals on the forest side of the fence as we saw a dead deer in the road. Not a reindeer, just an ordinary deer as we are now too far south for reindeer. Fortunately just afterwards I spotted a young fawn in a clearing which was lovely to see.
The E4 is seemingly endless but far more scenic now with lots of wild flowers and pastureland and not just trees. The long stretch we drove today was at first mainly 3 lanes with the 2 and 1 lane markings constantly changing to match the incline of the road. The last 50+ miles were dual carriageway on the approach to Stockholm.
Goodness knows how we could have found our way to our campsite without Clarissa GPS and that was a
Drove right through the centre of StockholmDrove right through the centre of StockholmDrove right through the centre of Stockholm

en route for our campsite 2.5 km out
little iffy for a while as we had to use a couple of short tunnels which lose the signal. Campsite is a squashed car park on Långholmens island which means we are only a 2.5 km pleasant walk into the city centre.
So hot I thought I might melt (at least 30 degrees) so we quickly changed and walked to the other side of the island (all of 5 minutes) and had a swim in Lake Mälaren from a very crowded sandy beach.
Managed to get a load of washing done and dried which was an unexpected bonus.
Tomorrow we will explore the city.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Camping under the bridgeCamping under the bridge
Camping under the bridge

on Langholme island. Reminded us of the tent cities under the motorways in Banglok !
A prettier view of our campsiteA prettier view of our campsite
A prettier view of our campsite

from across the water which means we were on a different island when I took it.


Tot: 0.337s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 28; qc: 153; dbt: 0.2109s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb