Valentines Day in Scandinavia


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
February 15th 2004
Published: November 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

A classmate from the program in Lithuania and I choose to spend the Valentines Day weekend in Scandinavia, and concluded our 4 day stay in Sweden. We flew from Malmo in the south, and split up to find our separate ways in Stockholm. Lodging that the legendary sail boat hostel was too rich for our blood, so we walked across the city to another floating hostel, the Gustaf af Klint. Ha, and those snobs at the sail boat thought their hostel was so special because it floated. Well, we got a private room for less! It pays to shop around, and walk in the cold while you are hungry. Of special enjoyment in Stockholm was the Army Museum and Royal Palace. The art gallery was interesting, and in a really nice location if you were seeing the city on a Sunday and had to fit 7 museums in 4 hours. Yeah, I learned the finer art of planning the details while taking in the fine arts.

After a rushed day, we had even more fun trying to get back down to Malmo to catch our connection on Air Lithuania. The 45 minute flight took 1.5 hours, and we almost had to land at another airport due to the fog. In fact, our connection did in fact have to land at another airport. After taking a bus for three hours, we were informed that the flight was overbooked due to a passenger on the incoming flight being deported. They offered about $400 to anybody who would take the flight the next morning. Considering the trip cost about that, and the flight only $120, I was tempted to take it. So, I took a taxi (also paid for) back to Malmo, and took the train back to Copenhagen for a cheap night before flying out.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb