Wet day in Gamleby SWEDEN


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Kalmar County
July 17th 2010
Published: July 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

View through the Tandy windscreenView through the Tandy windscreenView through the Tandy windscreen

was rain and more rain
Woke to a grey all-over sky which was quickly followed by an explosive and very wet thunder storm. After all the heat of the last few days we couldn’t quite summon up the energy to decide where to go next so stayed on this very relaxed and pleasant campsite for another day.
We did expect the rain to clear up enough so we could go down to the sea pool for a swim but never quite made it. Nor did we get to explore the little nearby town of Gamleby. Very pleasant under our awning though with a view to the water and warm enough to stay in shorts all day so we just had a good read and rest day.
After all the hustle and bustle of Stockholm not such a bad thing.
Realised that, shock, horror, the nights are drawing in. More noticeable to us I suppose as we have spent 3 weeks of our trip in 100% daylight but it is now the second half of July and we have been away for 5 weeks. Having to put the lights on in the Tandy at night for the first time.
Two more days in Sweden and we will spend those somewhere on the coast south of here. We’ll decide where we are staying when we get there.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Swedish meat balls for dinnerSwedish meat balls for dinner
Swedish meat balls for dinner

with cream sauce - and very good they were too.


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb