Grängesberg and the wedding


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Dalarna County » Falun
March 17th 2009
Published: March 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hoga Kusten BridgeHoga Kusten BridgeHoga Kusten Bridge

Rick, Evan and Norah near the hoga kusten bridge visitor center.
Hej, it has been a heck of a week. This is going to be a long one because it is going to be our record of the trip so please skip over what you want to.

We left Härnösand on Friday when we finally got up at noon and began driving south. It was a great drive with the kids just playing in the back and then Norah took at nap. We decided to stop for lunch in Gävle. We walked around the outdoor mall until we found....sushi. Perfect for everyone. We then drove west until we got to the small village Camilla lives in, Grängesberg. It was friday evening by this time and they were are all very excited that we made it with out even asking for directions. they said the people from Götenberg asked way more questions. I guess just getting to Sweden was the hard part for me. We met some of Mikael and camilla's friends and family and drank a bunch of wine and some crown royals. Then finally went to bed.

In the morning it was....WEDDING DAY!!! I went to Luvika with Camilla to get ther hair and make up done. We were
Walking home in HarnosandWalking home in HarnosandWalking home in Harnosand

Leena walking us home from her house in Harnosand
there for hours yapping so it was excellent. She looked amazing when her husband to be picked her up. I went home and we got ready for the fun. We all drove 30 minutes to an amazing church built in the 1700's. Vryneat. the best part was when the priest asked Rick if they could start the ceremony...in Swedish. rick stammered "no svenska". Everyone in the church laughed pretty hard. It was a beautiful and easy to follow ceremony even if we didn't understand a word. Their daughter Rebecka played the cello. It was moving. On to the reception where after a few drinks more and more people started to talk with us. Everyone made a huge effort to make us welcome. The food was awesome. I loved the cheese pie with kaviar, Rick liked the Moose, evan liked the mussels and Norah ate bread. It turns out the kids like orange Fanta a lot. Big surprise. The kids went back to the house with Rebecka and her friend Lisa. They were excited to be babysat by 2 teenagers. When we called at midnight we insisted that the kids really should stop eating candy and go to bed. The comedian they had at the reception was hilarious even though I diidn't understand a word. It is amazing how funny it is to listen to other people laugh at dirty jokes. We danced with everyone until the wee hours and then fell into our beds.

The next morning we slept until 10 and then had a little breakfast. KAviar spread was a little hard to take at that point. We all headed back to the reception hall to clean everything up. IT was great o be able to help and the kids sang and danced with Rebecka. They had a grand old time. Leftovers all day! It was an early night for everyone.

On Monday we headed out to return dresses to Borlange and then to Falun for lunch in a pub and a look at the huge copper mine. Camilla made curry. Mikael and Rick filled the hottub. They heated it with a fire in a built in furnace and 6 hours later the tub was ready. It was awesome to sit and look at the stars and chat for a long time. An easy trip so far.

Tuesday the kids got their chance to get into
After the weddingAfter the weddingAfter the wedding

Mikael, Camilla and Rebecka
the tub. We spent an hour and half in the cool water. Yikes, it was crazy. We also went for a huge walk around the village. Very nice to see where they live and how close they are to the lake. It looks like a nice life they've made. Camilla and I went for a visit to the ABB high voltage factory and testing lab. Loved it!

Wednesday morning we got up, had breakfast and headed to Stockholm.

I'll finish this here and write another for Stockholm.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

GransbergGransberg
Gransberg

Mikael, Rebecka, Camilla, Evan, Norah and Moira.


20th March 2009

Very Cool Trip!!
Wow! I am impressed with your record-keeping skills so far. This is the first time I have sat down at the computer in about 2 weeks, so it was great to read everything so far. Sounds like the kids are going to be super travellers. Good luck with the rest of the trip! We miss you! BTW, the knitting club will be making dishcloths while you are gone (don't worry, lots of yarn will be left over for you to catch up, Rick!) <-- oops, I mean Moira!
23rd March 2009

Brrrr!
Wow, everything looks so cold, especially after the sunshine we've been having here. Actually went outside with a t-shirt on this weekend! How the bride managed that dress considering the weather there I don't know ... guess she was high on adrenaline. You guys look like you are having a great time. Keep up the reports, we are devouring them at home. Love, Us
24th March 2009

WOW - sounds lovely. And here's to Orange Fanta !

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb