Going Great


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
July 14th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Everything is really going great so far. Day one we left valencia, and motored our way out to sea. at around 2 we put up the sail and motor sailed our way to denia. the wind never really picked up enough to just sail, but it was nice to get a feel for how to raise and lower the sail and what its like using it. we parked in denia for the night, i made fajitas for the crew and we had a pleasant evening.

the next day we left at around 8am and motor our way around the head land until mid-day. the wind pick up and we raised the main sail. once we were sure the wind was sustained, we raised the jib sail, cut the motor, and we were sailing. im usally given the helm whenever i want it as i need the most experiance, so i sailed us around the headland for the next 4 hours. it was amazing, and im hooked. sailing is as fun as i imagined it would be and just as complicated as well. but my instruction is good and patient. im learning alot, more than i thought i would in only two days. we made altea in the mid-evening and had a nice chinesse dinner ashore.

today the weather looks for shit so were going to stay in port and do some work on the boat. we'll leave tomorrow some time and try to make it all the way down to gibralter. this will take 48 straight hours so ill be doing my first nite sailing. for starters ill only be left alone for an hour, but as i become accustomed it will extend to 2hours, then maybe 3. im really exicited to be learning all of this. im needed back at the boat now so ill head out. next post should probably be in gibralter in 3 days time, so no worries. talk to you all soon.
bobby


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



31st July 2008

ahhh the coat!
bro i seriously cant believe your still rocking the coat!!!! ha ha ha hope things are going well... still havent heard anything on my trip to Austria but i'll let you know! take care

Tot: 0.407s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb