Day 6 10/4/12 Arre - Cizor menor 12k (turtle room)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Pamplona
April 25th 2012
Published: April 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Walked to Pamplona today...was a short walk I have a old tendon injury on my right ankle that is playing up and we both are feeling achy in the joints from walking everyday. The body has to adjust to walking distances every day, carrying a extra 10kg, so it is normal to feel like this. We have been told that there is a lot of pickpockets in Pamplona so we have decided to have a look around then walk through to the other side.

The city has a population of 190,000 people and is the first big place we have entered. We spent 2hrs wandering around, walked the streets where the running bulls are chased, found a resturant that was opened and had lunch. It was easter sunday so there were evidence of the streets having had parties the night before but was reasonable quiet. I could hear a digeredoo playing.....very distinct sound....We found a spanish busker playing the digeridoo. He was very good i mentioned to him about a band in Darwin called EmDee. He has been to Darwin and seen them perform. Gave him a few euro.......

We lost the yellow arrows while wandering around, and took us awhile to find them again, finally found them, its always a relief when they are in our sight, and walked out of Pampaloma please to get out of the city. Its amazing how everyone that walks says how happy they are to get back onto the country roads and away from the big towns.

Walked onto Cizor Menor and stayed in a lovely place. Had lawn and a pond with 13 turtles that all came up for a feed of tin cat food at 5pm....no didnt notice any of then meowing....The sun was shining was such a great place to sit back and take the shoes of and walk barefoot.....It was the first real warm day we have had. ..washed clothes in a washing machine and hung out to dry.....A woman with a 8mth old baby and her mother and sister came to get a couple of beds. They were walking the camino but she turned them away as she didnt allow babies in....They found another place to stay.....

Went to a little pub and had the pilgrim tea....A big German guy finished out bottle of red and took our bread we didnt finish....

Home in bed by 9.30 ready for day 6. I just never know how the day will go and where and with who we will be sleeping with tomorrow.....that is all part of it ....am loving it


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



26th April 2012

Who are you sleeping with????
Mum you are classic! who have you been sleeping with all this time??? ;) Good to see more updates, keep them coming. Love you Dwayne

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb