Delays!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » La Coruña
August 15th 2008
Published: August 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

well, im still in a coruna. we have been delayed due to lack of crew and too much weather. captain steve is flying back to the UK to drum up some crew and press them into service. the prospects look good, and if we can find a weather window, we'll be looking to set out for england the first week of september.

that being theplan i decided to book my flight to octoberfest out of london and have secure semi-continuos housing at a place called the tent in munich. there are two days of my stay where they say they have no availability, but i think a little of the olde shuffenhauer charm might change that for the better.

otherwise, im on budget, and in good spirits, mainly vodka. so im staying with the boat here in coruna and im planning some trips to the surrounding spain. august is holiday and festival season here so im sure i can entertain myself. one thing im fairly sure ill get to is the tomatina festival in brunol. thats the one where they through tomatoes at everyone for half a day. should be fun. if anyone out there has any suggestions for me id love to here them.

coruna is having a pretty big festival right now for maria pita, and the defeat of the english 800 years ago. last nite was some african song and dance stuff, and tomorrow is the orcesrta. should be cool. for now im off to make the world a cleaner place, by taking a shower!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb